Here are 5 things to help support your immune system while on vacay!
Finally, it's here!
What you ask?
The summer is pretty much here and that means backyard barbecues, trips to the beach, and family vacations.
Yes! I said it, vacations!
You have to admit it. We are all ready for vacation. We've had one heck of a year and a half. Now that things are starting to relax, it may be time.
But if you're like me the thought of germs make you anxious.
That's why we came up with a list of things to pack to keep you and your family's immune system supported while on vacation.
1) Fruits and veggies- If you plan to take a road trip I suggest you pack more fruits and veggies to snack on and less sugary processed snacks.
Apples, oranges, berries, and avocados contain antioxidants, high in fiber, and vitamin c which all may lower your susceptibility to illness. Also, they may reduce the duration of the common cold. Some other great snack choices are celery, cucumbers, grapes, watermelon, unsalted almonds, and sunflower seeds.
2) Lots of water- Hydration hasn't been proven to prevent illness. However, it is extremely important to prevent dehydration.
Dehydration can cause symptoms that makes you more susceptible to illness. To prevent dehydration, you should drink enough fluid daily. Water is recommended because it's free of calories, additives, and sugar.
3) Supplements- Studies indicate that the following supplements may strengthen your body's general immune response.
4) Probiotics- Research suggests that a flourishing network of gut bacteria can help your immune cells differentiate between normal, healthy cells and harmful invader organisms. Probiotic supplements are an option or probiotic foods like yogurt and kefir.
5) Lastly, stress relievers- Stress has a huge impact on your immune system. Planning a trip can be stressful right up to the last minute. It's important to find those things that can calm stressful moments. For example, music, meditation, beads, essential oils, etc.
My children have been using Poppers (a TikTok craze) to relieve anxiety and stress. So, when we go on our vacation I will pack those for sure!
There you have it!
5 things to pack for supporting your immune during vacation.
Go ahead, Book the Trip!!